Tuesday, October 6, 2009

The Jump

My last day at the restaurant I worked at this summer was Saturday and it is a tradition that on your last day you jump off the cafe balcony into the Puget Sound. I have included an image of the restaurant so you can get a better picture. The balcony in on the second story and if you move your eye along the deck all the way to the right you will see the point from which I jumped. I think the tide was a little bit lower that day but not by much.

It is October here in Seattle so it is not warm anymore and I jumped at 11pm so the water was dark and scary (I hate water I can't see in). Fortunately, the Puget Sound only changes a couple of degrees over the course of the year so it was actually not as cold as I thought it was going to be. That said, it was still cold.

There were about thirty staffers that watched my friend, Ivan and me jump. They waited for us at the bottom with warm blankets! Bless them!

All-in-all it was amazing. A lot higher than I had anticipated. I felt like I was falling for ages. But worth it. I never do anything really crazy or adventurous so I thought this was a good way to start easing into it. Plus I have to get prepared to go Skydiving with my brother when he turns 18. Hopefully, I don't pass out in the plane. :)

No comments: