Wednesday, July 9, 2008

In the middle of Finnish nowhere!!! :)

It has been a couple days since my last post. Let me assure you I am still alive and well, but I am simply out in the Finnish countryside enjoying my very limited access to the internet.

I am currently staying at Monna´s parent´s house in Ristiina.



You can see how remote their house is in the picture above. It is lovely. Quiet. Serene. We have been relaxing all week doing only the things we love. For example....


Fishing


Acrobatics


Sunbathing


Baking


And target practice!!!!





But most importantly, going to the sauna!!!!



Overall, it has been a very enjoyable couple of days!

Next plan on the agenda is to travel further into the countryside and visit the family island before we take a train to St. Petersburg! No more posts until Russia.

1 comment:

Lisa Saw said...

Hi Meg,

It's great reading about all your adventures and seeing the photos. It looks like you're all having a great time and I definitely wish I was there! The 4th July cake looked fab! I'm guessing that Sven was the best shot since he's got a little experience ;-) though perhaps Monna gave him a run for his money! I can't wait for the next installment!

Take care,

Lisa x