Friday, December 12, 2008

My Next Adventure

There is a new idea on the floor.

After reading my blog, Buckles had an interesting proposition for me. He thought that I should also write a bit about places that I would like to travel to in the future. Since I am now back at home and reasons to write become fewer and far between (let’s face it daily life just seems dull when you are stuck in it), he thinks that I should start looking for my next adventure.

And I support him on that idea! So here we go:

PATAGONIA: Los Glaciares National Park & Ushuaia

Ushuaia es una ciudad de Argentina y es la zona mas austral habitada del mundo. Whoops I mean.... situated on the Beagle Strait, Ushuaia is the largest city in Argentine Tierra del Fuego and arguably the southernmost city in the world.


Although it seems to attract many tourists, I think it would be amazing to see how a city that far south functions and what kind of customs have sprung from this factor.

After exploring Ushuaia, I would want to take a plane or a tourist bus (note: there is no public transportation around Tierra Del Fuego) to El Calafate, a town that sits right on Lago Argentina. It is the main attraction of this town, 50 miles away, that is the reason from my curiosity in Patagonia in the first place.



The Perito Moreno Glacier is supposedly one of three glaciers in Patagonia that is still advancing. It is famous because it is dynamically changing which produces a cyclic phenomenon of forward and backward movement, with spectacular ice falls from its front wall.


I think it would be phenomenal to stand on a peak looking over this monstrous glacier carving its way down the mountain, moving with such force that it actually losing pieces of itself along the way!

So what do you think? Anyone interested in a journey south?






1 comment:

Unknown said...

we leave april 11th...the day after the fall out boy concert. let's hear it for america's suitehearts!