Friday, February 10, 2012

A New Path

At the beginning of January I read an article by Jeff Bussgang called “Scaling A Business Is Hard” which addresses some of the major issues that lay ahead of start-ups in order to grow. To help illustrate his points, Bussgang described three stages of a start-up; “the jungle”, “the dirt road” and “the highway”. I found that “the jungle” analogy, which likens the beginning stage of a start-up to hacking your way through dense jungle, really resonated for me.


This past Monday, I turned 28. Reflecting on this article, I realize that while I’ve been instrumental in “hacking through the jungle” for Project Bionic, I'd like experience in those two other stages. That is why, after careful consideration, I've decided to turn in my hatchet, hopefully for a dirt bike.


I’m very proud to have been a part of Project Bionic. The company is in extremely capable hands and has a bright future ahead of it.


One thing is for sure. I'm excited for the road trip ahead.

3 comments:

Kristy Bolsinger said...

Congratulations lady!!!! Looking forward to watching your adventures wherever they should lead you :)

Laura said...

Good luck, Meg! It's been fun to watch what you've done with Project Bionic over the past few years, and I'm exited about where the journey will take you next!

Robin said...

Here is to an exciting new chapter. I can't thank you enough for the support and assistance you have provided us and our organization.

P.S. Remember your helmet!