Wednesday, November 19, 2008

A New Job

Many of you know that I was looking for a job for what felt like an eternity. After a month of searching, anything was going to be better than nothing. However, I got lucky. At the end of September, a larger Seattle company decided that they wanted to try me on for size.

I am now working for them as a Web Content Producer. Sounds vague and frankly, it is. But I will attempt to describe what it is I do for all of you curious folk out there.

I work in a division of said company* that manages an ecommerce website. I am part of the Traffic Team for that site. What does that mean you wonder? Just as it sounds, my team’s goal in life is to drive as much traffic as possible to our little site. It sounds kind of silly but it is general enough where I get to deal with multiple facets of the company’s business. Marketing, syndication, strategy, etc.

Obviously, I do a lot of boring stuff. Pull Omniture reports (what an f***ing awful tool compared to G.Analytics!). Update information on the website via HTML. Write copy for promo material (what a joke… have you seen my spelling?). And general administrivia work regarding server organization and our archival process. Fun.

Overall though, it is pretty cool. And definitely a huge change from the 20 person company I used to be at. I am happy that I am here and looking forward to seeing how my time here works out.

*There will be no mention of the company name or of the channel that I work for due to security reasons. I am not planning on slandering the companyr, I just want to be extra cautious and stay off the big brother radar. You know how it goes.

No comments: