Sunday, November 30, 2008

My Grandma's Trip to Africa

My 86 year old Grandma recently returned from a three week trip to Tanzania.

First of all, I just need to say how awesome this is! Go Grandma! I hope that I am still traveling around the world with friends when I am that age!

My Grandma wanted to show the family all 300 of her pictures from the trip. So on a Sunday, Cole and I went over to my family's house for dinner and the slide show.

Grandma had some amazing pictures of the people she met, the places she stayed and or course, of the animals she saw. One particular set of images captured the mating rituals of a group of lions (insert brother's giggle here).



Now this is not exactly her same picture but a similar image proceed all of the mounting images. At which point, my grandma decided to explain to my whole family and Cole that "she [the lioness] is lying like that so the semen doesn't come out of her."

WHAT!?!?!?!?!?!?! Did my Grandma just say what I think she just said?

Yes she did! Cole and I exchanged glances and then the whole family burst into laughter.

I was a great moment!

I wanted to share this story with everyone because it cracked me up and I hope it made you smile too!

I appreciate my Grandma more than words can say and I am glad she continually surprises me! I would not have it any other way!

Love you Grandma!

No comments: