Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Hanoi Part II

It is almost laughable that I'm in Vietnam during their new years celebration when everything is closed. A few years ago the same thing happened to me in Morrocco. It was Ramadan, nothing was open and I swore to myself that I wasn't going to do that again...

TIP: When booking travel, do your research on the local holidays where you are headed!

It has actually worked out fine for us though. The ride to the airport and to Ha Long Bay took half as long as they normally do. We were also able to change our flight and will be leaving a day earlier since none of the tours where running to Sapa and the south west regions.

That just left us with today to find something to do. Most of the museums are still closed but we were able to go to the Ho Chi Minh mausoleum and museum. It was very interesting for both Kenny and I to see the embalmed body of Ho Chi Minh and the process we had to go through to see it.

Now we are back at the hostel planning for the next leg of our trip. We leave tomorrow morning at 6:15am.

Good bye North Vietnam! You have been cold but fun!

No comments: