Tuesday, January 24, 2012

The Rock Long Rock Hard Tour

Yesterday brother and I went to Ha Long Bay on a tour put on by our hostel.

We drove four hours outside of Hanoi, through countryside, to get to Ha Long City. We boarded a small boat that took us to a larger boat called the Jolly Rodger.

On board we ate lunch as it left the harbor and head towards the limestone masses enveloped in mist.

It took about an hour to get to out final destination. The weather was overcast and cool but we were assured that the water temperature would still be fine. At this point in the journey we were given the option to jump off the boat. Both Kenny and I took it. The water was not warm. It was actually really cold and salty but how often do you have a chance to go swimming in Ha Long Bay? So I enjoyed it!

After we jumped in, the group went kayaking. We paddled by a couple of islands and went through a little cave. Pretty freaking cool even though the weather wasn't great!

When we got back to our boat we ate dinner and then the drinking games began. I was glad there were two 29 year olds in the room because at that point I started to feel really old.

The rest of the evening stays between Kenny and I but I can assure you that we had a fun evening.



No comments: