Sunday, January 27, 2013

Back to Being My Own Boss




 While this year got off to a rough start, I’m really optimistic about where it’s going.

It was less than a year ago that I started my new gig at Family Tree (LiveFamily) and it was definitely the experience I was looking for. I learned so much from my coworkers about product development, team building, and company culture. In that short period of time, the Family Tree team was able to transition the product from New York, move databases, reskin the app, and launch a pretty complex new feature. I could not be more proud of what we accomplished. However, Family Tree was an acquisition that didn’t quite fit into the company’s core focus so as of 2013 everyone is moving on.

What's next?

That is a good question and one with a couple different ideas brewing. But the truth is I want to go back to what I love. Building my own business. 

You can follow more specifics of that journey here on my second blog. 

No comments: