Monday, March 4, 2013

Hangin' at the Hostel

I woke up Monday morning to an email from Kenny saying he had been sick all night, was not going to school that day and probably wouldn't be able to hang out that evening.

Fortunately, I had already planned to meet up with a Couchsurfer that morning and was staying at a hostel with a number of other people my age who I could hang out with later that evening.

Xavier, the Couchsurfer, meet me for coffee at Wilbeck's, a coffee shop close to my hostel and the MRT stop, Guting. After chatting a bit about life in Taiwan, the legalization of marijuana in Washington state and his favorite pop music, we decided to go get some breakfast. It was far enough away that he took me there on his moped. Riding through the busy city was a lot of fun especially looking as cool as I did.





Kenny still felt pretty bad that evening so I stuck around the hostel for a particularly intense game of Apples to Apples later that evening.

No comments: