Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Mega Port Music Festival - Kaohsiung

Chalked purple hair at the festival
One of the most awesome and bizarre experience I had in Taiwan was attending the Mega Port Festival in Kaohsiung. The two day festival featured mostly local bands with a few exceptions.



With five stages and no information or way of even googling the bands I was listening to I basically ended up having music ADD. Back and forth. Back and forth.

Even though a US band called "How to Dress Well" played at the festival, my favorite band of the day turned out to be a Taiwanese band called 宇宙人 (The Astronauts).


Here is the song in its entirety:



Here are some other photos and bands from the day:



How to Dress Well at Mega Port. They didn't sound that good. I think they had to rush their sound check. 
Here is another session from KEXP where they sound much better:





No comments: